2011年2月11日金曜日

I am back from the Dead!!

Sorry for not posting this week.

The truth is, my computer got AIDS and died!

So, I had to get new one.

Instead of paying a bunch of money for a BTO, I decided to try my hand at building it myself!

Here're the new specs:

AMD 3.3ghz 6 core CPU
8gb RAM
Radeon HD 6850 graphics card
Some awesome motherboard that I can't recall the name of
Windows 7

All this for 750$!!

But, building it was not a walk in the park... but it works awesome now!!  I can play Starcraft 2 on all the MAXIMUM settings and not a single hiccup!

Well, that's all for now, see you next week!

Stay Frosty!

8 件のコメント:

  1. building a computer sounds awesome! :D i'd love to do it, just for the experience, but i don't need one or have the money.

    返信削除
  2. I could say that that computer will likely be obsolete in a few years, but that'd only be in reference to hardware. I haven't really seen any games completely tax a hex-core, let alone quad-core, system... with the exception of SpringRTS and Crysis. So, while there will likely be new hardware, you should be all set on games and software for quite a while. And you'll be able to enjoy them all now instead of later. ;D

    (You should check out SpringRTS if you like StarCraft2, it's a lot larger with tons more units, production, and tactics. The Gundam or Zero-K mods will probably tax the most out of your system. Oh, it's also completely free. http://www.springrts.com )

    返信削除
  3. Nice new computer bro! Good to see your back.

    返信削除
  4. Nice computer, I need to get a new one when I can afford it.
    http://pectoralfinnnreviews.blogspot.com/

    返信削除
  5. man ur lucky id love to play computer games without all the BS lag

    返信削除
  6. Welcome back!! Now get posting

    返信削除
  7. Oh no! Not computer AIDS! Well welcome back.

    Supporting as always!

    http://autotunedsoul.blogspot.com

    返信削除